Living in a small home can cause many issues, but storage has to rate among the top. Here are some easy and inexpensive ways to store common items in your small space!
- Hang large fabric laundry bags on simple pegboards to provide easy storage in kids rooms. You can even personalize them by ironing letters onto the bags to spell out the child’s name.
- Creating a pot rack to hang from your ceiling or wall can free up most of your kitchen cabinet space. Use a small section of iron garden fence and chain to hang from the ceiling studs, or attach an attractive metal curtain rod to the wall studs, and hang pots off the rack with s-hooks.
- Use hanging shoe racks to store craft supplies.
- Use baby wipe containers to store small toys.
- Cover your end tables with pretty floor length table cloths, then slide baskets for toys, magazines or other daily clutter under the cloth. This is great for families with small children for easy toy pick up at the end of the day.
- Attach wire baskets directly to the wall for bathroom or kitchen storage of small items.
- Use a plastic kitchen colander to store kids bath toys in the tub. The colander will drain the water, allowing the toys to dry out, but can be kept in the bottom of the tub for baths.
- Store extra blankets in pillow shams, and extra sheets right on the bed. When its time to change the bed, just remove the old sheet, and the fresh one is just beneath! Or, store them folded flat between the mattress and box spring.
- Cover shoe boxes with pretty contact paper, and use as storage in a home office.
- Cover large storage boxes with fabric and use as an ottoman.
Use a little creativity and any small space can be your dream home!Image Credits: ebay