Let’s face it. We are all looking for creative storage solutions in every room in our home! Storage doesn’t need to be boring or expensive. Here are nine great ways to upcycle terrific finds into one of a kind home storage. And did we mention? Upcycling is a great way to keep great stuff out of the landfills, helping the earth as well as your home!
- Old dresser drawers can be hung on the wall in a bathroom to store toiletries and rolled towels. Also great for under bed storage, just add caster wheels. They are sturdy enough to store out of season items, shoes, toys or even books.
- Metal grates or sections of fencing can be found at home surplus stores or architectural salvage, and make incredible pot racks. How about an old wooden ladder? A cool retro sled? Make sure you properly anchor them to the ceiling or wall with lengths of heavy duty chain, as they are quite heavy. Add “s” hooks to hang pots and utensils.
- Attach legs to an old suitcase and make a unique entry table with built in storage. Conversation piece and utility in one!
- Two wooden dressers placed back to back and topped with a counter material makes a great center kitchen island, with tons of storage built right in the drawers. Check out a local stone and tile shop for scrap pieces of granite that might fit your needs at a discounted price.
- Wall mounted mail organizers repurposed from old metal grates.
- Add wheels to old wooden milk crates for cottage cute toy boxes.
- Boys room ideas? How about a used, upright metal tool box as a dresser? Or using a thrift shop skateboard as shelving? Check out BeingBrook’s tutorial.
- An old garden rake gets repurposed as wonderful jewelry organizer.
- Attach four wooden crates together to create a one of a kind coffee table. Make sure the crates lay on their sides with the opening facing out to provide built in storage. Add casters or top with glass. See the complete tutorial over at Landing On Love.
Home organizing can be just another element of your small home decorating if you use a little creative ingenuity!Image Credits: cozycottagecute, furnishburnish, BHG, dishfunctionaldesigns, dingaling, apartmenttherapy, beingbrook, twighome